Ductless HVAC Service, Mini-Split Air Conditioning & Ductless HVAC InstallationRockville, MD & Germantown, MD
There’s no reason to heat/cool the entire home to a single temperature, and no need to face a huge renovation project to enjoy perfect temperature control. A zoned mini or multi-split system targets a single or multiple rooms. With compact, lightweight, and modern-looking equipment mounted high on the wall and linked to an unobtrusive outdoor unit, you take control over your comfort, reduce energy consumptions, and save money. Contact United Service Specialists for ductless HVAC services in Gaithersburg, MD and surrounding areas, and we’ll customize a solution to suit.
Dependable Split System Installations
United Service Specialists provides new installation, retrofit, seasonal maintenance and repair of mini and multi ductless split systems throughout Gaithersburg, College Park, Rockville, Germantown, Clarksburg & North Bethesda, MD. Most projects are handled in a single visit, and there’s no big tear down, mess, or expense. Whether you’re answering the needs of a difficult to heat/cool room, renovation project, addition, or the challenges of no ductwork, these innovative systems offer a versatile and rewarding solution. Far more energy efficient than conventional systems, quiet, programmable, and offering advanced filtration, there simply aren’t any drawbacks.
Some of the many benefits of ductless HVAC include:
- Exceptionally energy efficient (up to 40% more efficient than window air conditioners)
- Avoids the energy losses, maintenance, and spread of contaminants with ductwork
- Zoned conditioning personalizes comfort and helps to further trim costs
- Inverter technology delivers more consistent operation and temperature
- ENERGY STAR qualified options
- Often eligible for federal and state tax credits/local utility rebates
- Compact, quiet, and unobtrusive
- Improves indoor air quality
- Programmable and remote operation
- No complex installation process
United Service Specialists is a Diamond Contractor with Mitsubishi.
Click here to learn more about what a Diamond Contractor is.
Ductless HVAC systems have been around since the 1970s in Japan, and are now the preferred systems in Asia and Europe. In the United States, ductless systems have been used in commercial applications for over 20 years.
A duct-free split system is a reconfiguration of a conventional central air conditioner. The split system consists of three basic mechanisms:
- An outdoor inverter-driven compressor or condenser unit
- One or more indoor evaporator units
- A compact conduit for refrigerant piping and wiring which connects the units.
Ductless split systems use 25-50% less energy than traditional heating and cooling systems. There are three factors that contribute to the efficiency of a ductless system:
- With a ductless system, you have full control over the temperature in your home. You can alter the temperature of individual rooms, so you’re not heating or cooling rooms that are rarely used or unoccupied.
- Ductless systems target rooms and zones directly, leading to a 25% increase in efficiency. Using inverter-driven, variable speed compressors, these systems are able to run continuously at higher or lower speeds. This allows the system to ramp up or down without losing too much operating efficiency, and avoiding the typical on/off cycling that comes with electric heating and cooling systems.
- With a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) rating between 16 and 22, and a high HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factors) between 9 to 12 or greater, these systems are extremely energy efficient.
Mr. Slim’s outdoor unit is not bulky like the conventional style units you are used to seeing. The unit’s very thin profile allows it to be mounted discreetly along the back or side of the home. Because the height is minimal, a small planting of shrubbery will also keep it from plain view for a more pleasing appeal.